Latest AGM minutes

AGM agendas, proposals, minutes and discussions.
User avatar
nats
Site Admin
Posts: 161
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2019 8:54 pm

Latest AGM minutes

Post by nats » Mon Dec 09, 2019 6:20 pm

BFTA November AGM mins.docx
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.


Anschutz 9015 Stumpy edition. EV2 Blonde

SteveC
Posts: 77
Joined: Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:12 am

Re: Latest AGM minutes

Post by SteveC » Mon Dec 09, 2019 7:39 pm

Summary of the important stuff:

15mm kills can now be set 2m from foot level rather than the previous 1m.

Timing is now 3 minutes per lane as per WFTF rules. Buddy marshalling allowed though.

Windicators and pulling target strings only are allowed for wind guessing. Puffers, vapes, misters, grass are not allowed.

No more shoot offs or count back for tied scores at GPs. All tied scores will receive a medal.

GP host clubs now receive £750.

The BFTA need a Treasurer next year, proposals/volunteers welcome.

GP entry fee is now £15.
Iceni. Yay.

SuffolkRifle
Posts: 57
Joined: Mon Nov 25, 2019 8:18 pm

Re: Latest AGM minutes

Post by SuffolkRifle » Mon Dec 09, 2019 10:22 pm

SteveC wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 7:39 pm
Summary of the important stuff:

15mm kills can now be set 2m from foot level rather than the previous 1m.

Timing is now 3 minutes per lane as per WFTF rules. Buddy marshalling allowed though.

Windicators and pulling target strings only are allowed for wind guessing. Puffers, vapes, misters, grass are not allowed.
...............................
So how will these affect the Winter League?

SteveC
Posts: 77
Joined: Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:12 am

Re: Latest AGM minutes

Post by SteveC » Tue Dec 10, 2019 4:53 pm

SuffolkRifle wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 10:22 pm
SteveC wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 7:39 pm
Summary of the important stuff:

15mm kills can now be set 2m from foot level rather than the previous 1m.

Timing is now 3 minutes per lane as per WFTF rules. Buddy marshalling allowed though.

Windicators and pulling target strings only are allowed for wind guessing. Puffers, vapes, misters, grass are not allowed.
...............................
So how will these affect the Winter League?
It probably wont until next winter league as these new rules wont be applied until the next summer season. Or maybe the Champs/Regionals weekend, can't remember. Either way, after this WL season has ended.

Unless we decide to trial run it. ;) The only real significant change for us is the timing really but 3 minutes is plenty, very few people run out.

I dont think SEFTA has has any puffers but vaping could be an issue. How can you tell if someone is vaping to get a read on the wind or because 'they vape'? Also, smoking isn't included. Not that it should be but how is it any different?
Iceni. Yay.

Dc the 1
Posts: 34
Joined: Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:02 am

Re: Latest AGM minutes

Post by Dc the 1 » Tue Dec 10, 2019 6:05 pm

I guess a blade of grass or 2 or a couple of leaves are SUCH a problem. Glad weve eradicated that particular hazard.

Rather than decide between shootoffs or countback, lets nor use either !!

SuffolkRifle
Posts: 57
Joined: Mon Nov 25, 2019 8:18 pm

Re: Latest AGM minutes

Post by SuffolkRifle » Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:19 pm

SteveC wrote:
Tue Dec 10, 2019 4:53 pm
SuffolkRifle wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 10:22 pm
SteveC wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 7:39 pm
Summary of the important stuff:

15mm kills can now be set 2m from foot level rather than the previous 1m.

Timing is now 3 minutes per lane as per WFTF rules. Buddy marshalling allowed though.

Windicators and pulling target strings only are allowed for wind guessing. Puffers, vapes, misters, grass are not allowed.
...............................
So how will these affect the Winter League?
It probably wont until next winter league as these new rules wont be applied until the next summer season. Or maybe the Champs/Regionals weekend, can't remember. Either way, after this WL season has ended.

Unless we decide to trial run it. ;) The only real significant change for us is the timing really but 3 minutes is plenty, very few people run out.

I dont think SEFTA has has any puffers but vaping could be an issue. How can you tell if someone is vaping to get a read on the wind or because 'they vape'? Also, smoking isn't included. Not that it should be but how is it any different?
I take it that you've seen the cloud from some vapes/vapers? (can't see the target for a few minutes on a still day! :lol: :lol: )

Dc the 1
Posts: 34
Joined: Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:02 am

Re: Latest AGM minutes

Post by Dc the 1 » Tue Dec 10, 2019 9:08 pm

Re 3 mins a lane, are we going full wftf with the reset 1 or 2 mins on a stoppage??

User avatar
nats
Site Admin
Posts: 161
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2019 8:54 pm

Re: Latest AGM minutes

Post by nats » Tue Dec 10, 2019 9:46 pm

Dc the 1 wrote:
Tue Dec 10, 2019 6:05 pm
I guess a blade of grass or 2 or a couple of leaves are SUCH a problem. Glad weve eradicated that particular hazard.

Rather than decide between shootoffs or countback, lets nor use either !!

Haha yep you know how it is..... Priorities
Anschutz 9015 Stumpy edition. EV2 Blonde

Tartan
Posts: 58
Joined: Sun Nov 24, 2019 5:57 pm

Re: Latest AGM minutes

Post by Tartan » Thu Dec 12, 2019 7:21 am

nats wrote:
Tue Dec 10, 2019 9:46 pm
Dc the 1 wrote:
Tue Dec 10, 2019 6:05 pm
I guess a blade of grass or 2 or a couple of leaves are SUCH a problem. Glad weve eradicated that particular hazard.

Rather than decide between shootoffs or countback, lets nor use either !!

Haha yep you know how it is..... Priorities

P5, Remove shoot offs and count backs for all individual GPS and that Badges to be award to top 3 scores in each grade and sillies IE if 2 tied scores both get gold 3 people are tied for second place 3 silver and so on and if 5 people are tied on 3rd all 5 get a bronze badge. For showdown qualification count back still to be used. - Carried


Do we now adopt the last bit then re qualification for showdown places when there is a tie, we have had this situation 3 times already this year?

SteveC
Posts: 77
Joined: Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:12 am

Re: Latest AGM minutes

Post by SteveC » Thu Dec 12, 2019 5:56 pm

Tartan wrote:
Thu Dec 12, 2019 7:21 am
nats wrote:
Tue Dec 10, 2019 9:46 pm
Dc the 1 wrote:
Tue Dec 10, 2019 6:05 pm
I guess a blade of grass or 2 or a couple of leaves are SUCH a problem. Glad weve eradicated that particular hazard.

Rather than decide between shootoffs or countback, lets nor use either !!

Haha yep you know how it is..... Priorities

P5, Remove shoot offs and count backs for all individual GPS and that Badges to be award to top 3 scores in each grade and sillies IE if 2 tied scores both get gold 3 people are tied for second place 3 silver and so on and if 5 people are tied on 3rd all 5 get a bronze badge. For showdown qualification count back still to be used. - Carried


Do we now adopt the last bit then re qualification for showdown places when there is a tie, we have had this situation 3 times already this year?
Hmm, shoot off vs count back. A shoot off is more entertaining, count back less faff.

Heres an idea, a poll! I'll start one in the Winter League section as I'm sure the masses of people who use this forum will jump straight on it. :roll: :mrgreen:
Iceni. Yay.

Post Reply