BFTA Grades

AGM agendas, proposals, minutes and discussions.
nats
Site Admin

BFTA Grades

Post by nats » Mon Mar 07, 2022 6:07 pm

I have completed the BFTA grades for 2022 and Martin will enable these to be used for booking in to the 2022 competitions on the BFTA website.

This has been a complex process, and thanks to everyone who assisted with this task.

Key points in this process:
​ Over 600 BFTA numbers/cards have been issued. With Regions/Clubs taking over the responsiblity for entering card details and distribution.
The payment system for cards worked well and Andrew did not experience any major difficulties.
Simon graded everyone post the 2021 Euros, however there were only 152 shooters allocated a 2022 grade. This was probably due to the effect that the Covid pandemic had on the number of BFTA and regional shoots that were able to be hosted during 2020/01.
I decided that it was necessary to increase this number by using the regional 2021/22 Winter league​ results to give those that had shot 3+ shoots a grade. This had the effect of increasing the number of graded shooters to 303, and hopefully avoiding issues with members who had a BFTA grade in 2020, and who would otherwise have been ungraded.
I have used the grade band %'s from 2021 for grading this year.
We have 17 overseas shooters who have been allocated a BFTA number
Before​ the OGM I will propose changes to the grading system which you can discuss with your members . My key objectives are to allocate the 2023 grades to members after the AGM has agreed changes, to simplify the system, and to agree grade % bands for the long term to avoid these changing every year.

Regards,

John

Anschutz 9015 Stumpy edition. EV2 Blonde

Eggie

Re: BFTA Grades

Post by Eggie » Mon Mar 07, 2022 7:49 pm

You can't beat bfta grade silly season...... :lol: