Bfta Euros and Grading officer info

AGM agendas, proposals, minutes and discussions.
nats
Site Admin

Bfta Euros and Grading officer info

Post by nats » Wed Jun 24, 2020 4:56 pm

Received from Martyn
Hi Martyn can you please forward on to all club reps

good morning all hope you are all well and keeping safe.i've been in touch with Dave Robinson over the last few weeks regarding the bfta euros. the general feed back from most shooters is they will not attend the euros if it goes ahead. they don't feel it is worth the risk in the current situation of covid 19.there is quite a few risk factors to consider handling of stop watches score cards kneeling rolls pulling strings etc.also we only have a small amount of time to get entries out etc.also we would need to sort out who would put the courses out. Dave Robinson cant go family reasons and martin calpin isn't going. so we have made the decision to cancel this years euros .i will contact Nathan white in the next couple of days and let them know. if anyone wants to discuss this please get in touch.

BFTA grading officer as we all know Simon Evans has stepped down for health reasons. i would like to thank him for all his hard work and wish him all the best for the future. so we now have 3 nominations for the grading officer position, 1- Phil Johansson 2- lyndeen calvert 3- Paul mangham. please let your regional members know and ask them who they would like as grading officer as hopefully at the next bfta meeting [agm i hope] in November we will vote on it .

please contact me on any of the above either email or phone 01484-865441
thanks

Trevor Ryan trevorpryn@aol.com
N.E.F.T.A secretary
B.F.T.A chairman.Hi Martyn can you please forward on to all club reps

Anschutz 9015 Stumpy edition. EV2 Blonde

Eaton Rifles

Re: Bfta Euros and Grading officer info

Post by Eaton Rifles » Wed Jun 24, 2020 11:52 pm

Looks like we need a poll...👌

SteveC

Post by SteveC » Thu Jun 25, 2020 5:18 am

I don't really know how we are supposed to choose between the three. What makes one better at being grading officer than the other? Do they have plans to change anything in the grading system?
Iceni. Yay.

nats
Site Admin

Post by nats » Thu Jun 25, 2020 6:26 pm

Good point Steve... I know Mangers is quite a popular choice from what I've seen but that's not to say the others wouldn't do a fine job.

I'd like to think whoever does it, knows their way around stats and excel..
Anschutz 9015 Stumpy edition. EV2 Blonde