GP series

AGM agendas, proposals, minutes and discussions.
nats
Site Admin

GP series

Post by nats » Sun May 10, 2020 8:01 am

Received this morning, although most of you will probably have seen via stb or fb.
Hi Everyone

Although the pandemic seems to be slowing it looks like even after lockdown social distancing is going to be required to ensure the end of coronavirus.. I suspect this would be near impossible due to the social nature of our sport along with shared touches on equipment such as strings kneeling rolls score cards etc.

Therefore we feel it would be irresponsible to hold GP Events this year even if lockdown is lifted. In addition to this we are at the point were we need to let 2 clubs know weather or not there events could go ahead so that would take us down to only four GP’s. A GP series seems a little pointless with this few events.

We will have to review the situation with the remaining BFTA shoots of the year those been the Euros and the showdown weekend. Again if social distancing is the key to defeating this virus I cannot see how the game fair itself is likely to proceed we also need to consider about opening entry for the Europeans or not.

In addition the June General Meeting is cancelled.. I will prepare an agenda for November and fingers crossed we may be able to meet then. Please consider we will be effectively conducting two meetings worth in one so please be sensible with any agenda items keep them to the essentials and avoid anything that could turn into a 3 hour debate on the day. This will include the calendar for 2019 I would like to assume this could be dealt with quickly by just transposing the hosting clubs for this year to next year please be prepared for your region to confirm this at the meeting.

The Prizes that Mark Lawrence did such an outstanding job gathering will also be deferred to next year

We will very much have to continue playing by ear the rest of year and perhaps organise some last min events as the pandemic hopefully comes to an end.

Hopefully see you all soon and stay safe.

Dave Robinson & Trev Ryan

Anschutz 9015 Stumpy edition. EV2 Blonde

Eaton Rifles

Re: GP series

Post by Eaton Rifles » Sun May 10, 2020 12:45 pm

I think it's safe to say that this year will be totally written off for competitions.
In small-bore and full-bore they announced a complete cancellation of everything about a month ago.